International Consumer Rights Day is scheduled for March 15 every year. The purpose of “Consumer Rights Day” is to let consumers understand consumption knowledge, clarify their consumption rights and interests, and learn how to safeguard their legitimate interests in consumption activities.
In our daily life, we are always consuming for “food, clothing, housing and travel”, so as a consumer, we should also have our own protection, so there is a “consumer rights day”. However, many consumers do not have a special understanding of the Consumer Rights Day. Now let’s talk about the role of the Consumer Rights Day!
On March 15, 1962, Kennedy delivered a special Presidential address on consumer protection in the U.S. Congress, and for the first time put forward the famous four consumer rights, namely, the right to consume safely, the right to be informed of the basic facts when consuming, the right to choose and the right to appeal.
In 1983, Consumers International designated March 15th as International Consumer Rights Day. Since then, on March 15 every year, consumers and related organizations around the world will hold various activities to promote the further development of the consumer protection movement; On April 9, 1985, the United Nations General Assembly unanimously passed the “Consumer Protection Guidelines” to urge countries to take practical measures to safeguard the interests of consumers.
With the protection of consumer rights, the four rights proposed by Kennedy and the other four rights identified by Consumers International, namely the right to satisfy basic needs, the right to just settlement of disputes, the right to basic knowledge of consumption and the right to live and work in a healthy environment, together became the eight guidelines for the protection of consumer rights worldwide.
1. Providing information to consumers, educating consumers and improving consumers’ awareness and ability to safeguard their rights and interests;
2. Handle consumer complaints and help consumers recover losses;
3. Collect consumers’ opinions and give feedback to enterprises;
4. Create public opinion, publicize the rights of consumers, and form public opinion pressure to improve the status of consumers;
5. Participate in the formulation of national or government consumer laws and policies, and request the government to establish a consumer administration system to deal with consumer issues;
The establishment of consumer associations and the establishment of consumer sovereignty;
7. Strengthen international consumer groups and cooperation.
With the improvement of consumers’ rights consciousness in recent years, and the media to industry rules, key exposure, the problems of the overlord provision has caused many companies to feel nervous about 3.15 consumer rights day.