Rosin is not toxic in routine one-time use. If rosin is repeated, especially when heated at high temperature, harmful substances will be produced, which will affect human health after being absorbed by human body.
Rosin is a common chemical raw material, which is not only widely used in the industrial field, but also has strong medicinal value.
The chemical composition of rosin is more complex, mainly composed of rosin acid (70-85%, depending on the origin) and piperonic acid (10-15%). It is a common chemical raw material, mainly used in paint, paper, rubber and other industries. If you use rosin once, there is basically no harm to the human body.
Repeated use of rosin is toxic. After high temperature, rosin will produce heavy metals and toxic compounds such as lead, which will contaminate livestock meat (including rosin gas). It is toxic to the human body when eaten. The peroxides produced by rosin after oxidation can seriously damage the liver and kidneys of the human body.
The smell of rosin is non-toxic. Rosin will undergo ammonolysis under high temperature conditions, producing a large amount of ammonia, damaging the health of operators and polluting the surrounding environment.
The gases produced by the oxidation of rosin contain tar and ammonia, which have a strong pungent smell. When inhaled by the body, tar accumulates in the lungs, similar to smoking, a small amount of this kind of gas will not cause human body discomfort, excessive will cause lung tissue lesions.
Traditional Chinese medicine rosin must undergo strict quality testing, and the content of various toxic substances must meet certain standards before it can be used as medicine.