Sprouted potatoes can not be eaten, which contains a lot of toxic substances-Solanum nigrum toxin, which can easily cause food poisoning.
Potatoes are one of the more common vegetables in our life. They often appear on our dining table and are used in various ways. Generally, potatoes will sprout after they are bought and left for a few days. Can potatoes still be eaten at this time? The following small series will give you a specific introduction.
Sprminating potatoes can not be eaten, because they will produce a sunflower poison, eating is harmful to the body, and even cause poisoning.
In addition, sprouted potatoes can cause itching in the throat or burning sensation in the pharynx, as well as complications such as acute gastroenteritis and hemolytic jaundice, so it is generally best not to eat sprouted potatoes.
Some people think that it is not okay to dig out the sprouted part and then eat it. Because those toxins are not only limited to the sprouts, but the whole potato has toxins. After removing them, the sprouts will still be removed, and the other parts will still contain nightshade toxins.
Yes, there are two ways to deal with sprouted potatoes: the first is to dump the sprouted potatoes into the trash, and the other is to replant the sprouted potatoes.
Potatoes are rich in carbohydrates, protein, vitamin A, B vitamins, vitamin C, fiber, calcium, magnesium, potassium and other nutrients, and low in fat.